Food safety is one of the most important focuses of any hospitality business in Australia. Without strong supervision over the handling of food, your customers can get sick, impacting their health and the reputation of your business.
In 2009, it became law for hospitality and retail businesses to have at least one trained food safety supervisor. A food safety supervisor must complete the required food safety units from the Hospitality Training Package SIT 20316 in order to obtain a NSW Food Authority Food Safety Supervisor's Certificate.
Barringtons’ Food Safety Supervisor Course
This training is designed to provide food professionals with the skills required to comply with legal food safety requirements and have a thorough understanding of food handling procedures.
The course covers food safety issues including:
- Hygiene regulations and laws
- Cleaning and sanitising
- Use of raw eggs
- Allergen management
- Types of food hazards and how to prevent these
- How to identify and control bacteria/viruses/fungi
- How to construct and implement a HACCP
- Hygiene procedures and personal hygiene requirements
- How to properly receive/store and prepare food and beverages
- The importance of pest control
- The importance of waste storage and disposal
At the successful completion of this workshop, participants will receive the NSW Food Authority Food Safety Supervisor's Certificate and a statement of attainment for the following units:
- SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices For Food Safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate In Safe Food Handling Practices
This course can be delivered in face to face sessions at a given time and venue by our experienced trainers who ensure all participants have a practical understanding of food safety and handling. This course can also be completed online.
Working with the Barringtons’ team
Barringtons have over 25 years of experience providing Australian businesses with the training they need in the format they want.
View the brochure or click here to enrol.
If you'd like to discuss this with us further contact us today.
This is a nationally accredited training course.
Barrington Training Services RTO provider number 91397