The BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration was created to provide training for the Clerical Administrative sector. If you’re someone looking to advance your skills in areas of management and leadership in administration, this course has a wide range of useful learning opportunities for you.
The qualification course teaches you the skills you need to oversee an office, make decisions on administrative matters and provide supervision and advice to colleagues. With the Certificate IV in Business Administration you will build up confidence in communication skills which will allow you to successfully navigate supervision and administration across a wide range of industries.
The course consists of 5 core units and 5 focus units in these focus areas (10 units needed for completion):
- BSBITA401 Design databases
- BSBITU401 Design and develop complex text documents
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBITU404 Produce complex desktop published documents
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
Marketing Focus Units
- SITXEBS001 Use social media in a business
- SITXMPR001 Coordinate production of brochures & marketing materials
- SITXMPR002 Create a promotional display or stand
- SITXMPR004 Coordinate marketing activities
- BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
Events Focus Units
- SITEEVT001 Source and use information on the events industry
- SITEEVT002 Process and monitor event registrations
- SITEEVT003 Coordinate on-site event registrations
- SITEEVT004 Provide event staging support
- SITEEVT005 Plan in-house events or functions
Food and Beverage Focus Units
- SITHFAB012 Provide advice on Australian wines
- SITHFAB014 Provide table service of food and beverage
- SITHFAB015 Provide silver service
- SITHFAB017 Provide advice on food and beverage matching
- SITHKOP006 Plan catering for events or functions
This qualification is suited to a range of individuals who use well developed administrative skills and a broad knowledge base in a variety of administrative contexts. These professionals apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse information from an assortment of sources. The skills learned in this course open up a wide range of appealing career options, including:
- Team Leaders
- Assistants’ Executive
- Personal Assistants
- Project Assistants
- Office Administrators
- Office Managers
- Other similar roles as above
Click here to enrol in Certificate IV in Business Administration - BSB40515
What do I need to know?
The course itself has no formal prerequisites for entry; however, your current role must reflect the need for the skills covered in the training.
The course is delivered in an employment-based format, meaning training and assessments may take place on the job. Training could include workplace activities conducted by the employer, practice exercises, simulated activities in the classroom, learner activity workbooks and research projects. Assessments can be administered on or off the job site. These evaluations may include: oral presentation, role-plays, assessment activities, knowledge quizzes and project-based exercises.
Completing the course will take the average learner around 12 months though that may be extended or shortened based on your learning style and prior knowledge. When you do successfully complete the course you will receive a Nationally Recognised Certificate IV in Business Administration or a Statement of Attainment for competencies completed.
Further training after the certification is certainly an option. In fact, this course may gain recognition of your studies towards Diploma of Business or other relevant Diploma qualifications.
Contact the Barringtons’ team today!
Our team at Barringtons has decades of experience delivering accredited and engaging training to a range of Australian businesses. All of our upcoming course dates and locations are available on our calendar. To enrol for your training, fill out our online enrolment form today.
Let us help your team get qualified. Any other questions? Reach out to one of our Barringtons’ representatives today!
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Barrington Training Services RTO provider number 91397