For industry professionals, the Certificate III in Retail Services is a nationally accredited pathway to refine your skills and knowledge base. Throughout the various training modules, you will learn how to better engage customers, build consumer loyalty, better sell your products and more!
This qualification is an intermediate level qualification designed for individuals employed or seeking employment in the retail sector, where they'll get to perform a variety of tasks, including:
- Providing in-depth product and service advice in a retail environment
- Selling products and services in a variety of retail settings
- Supervising a checkout area
- Leading a team preparing and selling fast food items
- Leading a department team within a large store or supermarket
- Acting as an assistant manager of a small to medium store
- Organising and maintaining work areas and display
- Carrying out specific responsibilities, such as merchandising
The certification course consists of eight core units:
- SIRXCEG001 - Engage the customer
- SIRXCEG002 - Assist with customer difficulties
- SIRXCEG003 - Build customer relationships and loyalty
- SIRXCOM002 - Work effectively in a team
- SIRXIND001 - Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXRSK001 - Identify and respond to security risks
- SIRXSLS001 - Sell to the retail customer
- SIRXWHS002 - Contribute to workplace health and safety
In addition to these mandatory modules, participants will be asked to choose five electives from the following list of units:
- SIRRFSA001 - Handle food safely in a retail environment
- SIRRINV001 - Receive and handle retail stock
- SIRRMER001 - Produce visual merchandise displays
- SIRXIND002 - Organise and maintain the store environment
- SIRXPDK001 - Advise on products and services
- SIRXSLS002 - Follow point of sale procedures
Click here to enrol in Certificate III in Retail Services - SIR30216
What do you need to know?
There are no prerequisites to enter this course, however, your current job should make use of the skills covered in this course. The training takes the average learner around 12 months to complete. However, this duration can vary depending on electives chosen and individual skill set.
The course is delivered in an employment-based format. This means that training may include workplace activities conducted by the employer, practice exercises, simulated activities in the classroom, learner activity workbooks and research projects. Assessment activities may include oral presentations, role-plays, knowledge quizzes and project-based exercises - all of which can be conducted on or off the job site.
Once the participant has successfully fulfilled all course units, they will receive a Nationally Recognised Certificate III in Retail Operations or a Statement of Attainment for competencies completed. This qualification may gain you recognition of your studies towards Certificate IV in Retail Management or other relevant Certificate IV qualifications.
Get in touch with the Barringtons team today!
The Certificate III in Retail Services can equip you with the skills you need for solid career progression. Our team of trainers are passionate about providing this kind of professional development to retail employees across Australia. With over 25 years of experience, we’re confident we can deliver engaging and applicable skills training.
To learn more about when and where our Certificate III courses will take place, head on over to our calendar. For any further inquiries or to sign up, fill out one of our online forms below.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Barrington Training Services RTO provider number 91397