Every industry comes with its own challenges, but few sectors are quite as nuanced as accommodation. Not only do businesses need to be well run and provide a high level of service to their customers, but they also have a huge responsibility to be prepared for potential crises and ensure that all staff are trained accordingly. In addition, there are all sorts of other potential pitfalls such as compliance that can drag down productivity and profits within the accommodation industry, which is why it's vital to have experienced assistance in your corner.
With more than 25 years of experience, the team at Barringtons understand the unique challenges of the accommodation sector and have the expertise needed to design, implement and monitor solutions that ensure our clients are operating as profitably as possible - not just by improving efficiencies, but by minimising risk as well.
It's the people that make a business, and nowhere is this truer than in the service industry - especially the accommodation sector. Every business wants its customers to feel welcomed and at home, and the right staff can play a critical part in this. However, it's essential to ensure every employee is thoroughly vetted before being hired, and can enjoy the safest and most secure working environment possible.
Online training: To ensure that staff are prepared for any situation that comes their way, training is key. However, in the fast-paced accommodation industry, there isn't always time for travelling to courses and seminars. That's why Barringtons offer a range of online training services covering everything from emergency evacuation to fire response - ensuring your employees are always prepared.
Background Checks: Part of hiring the right staff is making sure that each candidate is reliable, but the vetting process can be complex and time consuming. With decades of experience, the Barringtons team can make clear recommendations and ensure you only hire the best.
Safety: Providing a safe working environment is part of your responsibilities as an employer. Barringtons can ensure that this is the case, with a range of services including WHS audits, robbery survival training and contractor safety management.
Compliance is everywhere today, and businesses need to make sure that they stay on top of their obligations to avoid the stricter fines that have been introduced with tougher legislation. The easiest way to do this is with Barringtons' complete compliance management solution - Smartek.
- General compliance: The beauty of Smartek is that it can be tailored to suit any business. No matter your compliance obligations, the solution makes it easy to stay on top of these responsibilities and free up extra time for your employees to focus on other tasks.
- Contractor Management: Many accommodation businesses make extensive use of contractors, but this can be tricky when dealing with compliance. Smartek makes it simple, taking charge of processes like induction and allowing contractors to get started right away.
- Work Health and Safety: With stricter regulations, WHS compliance is much more important than ever before. The team at Barringtons can conduct a comprehensive review and make sure that all of your business's processes are up to date.
Part of creating a welcoming accommodation business is ensuring that your premises are secure. The team at Barringtons are experts in security, and can design, implement and monitor a system that keeps your business, customers and employees safe.
- Security Risk: Every business should be prepared for potential threats, and the best way to defend yourself is with a security risk management plan. Barringtons are experts in security, and have the expertise to assist all sorts of hospitality businesses with these plans.
- Security Design: If your security measures are out of date, Barringtons can design and implement a new strategy that best protects your company, staff and customers from potential threats.
- Security Monitoring: To ensure security measures are up to scratch, constant monitoring and ongoing management is required. Get in touch with Barringtons today to secure peace of mind that your systems are working as they should.
- Investigations: If something does go wrong within your business, it's crucial to find a solution as quickly as possible. Barringtons has over 25 years of experience in corporate investigations, with a proven track record of finding the loss areas in a wide variety of situations within companies.
Of course, if things do go wrong, or a disaster occurs, you'll want to know that your business can carry on with minimal impact to profits and productivity. Barringtons can assist with a variety of services designed to prepare you for the worst.
- Crisis and Emergency Management: Some accidents are unavoidable, and when they occur you'll be glad to have planned ahead. Barringtons' crisis management service provides businesses with a plan to deal with serious situations.
- Business Continuity: If disaster does strike, your business should be prepared to carry on. Business continuity is the ability to do so, and the team at Barringtons can ensure you have a plan for worst-case scenarios.
- Disaster Recovery: Every business should have a disaster recovery plan to ensure peace of mind. Barringtons can assist with this plan, helping hospitality and accommodation businesses get essential services up and running as soon as possible after a crisis.
For more information on all the ways Barringtons can assist accommodation businesses to minimise risk and improve productivity, get in touch with us today.