The accommodation industry is multifaceted, not only do businesses need to ensure they hire a team of skilled and trained professionals to provide exceptional service to guests, they need to ensure that their venues are safe and compliant with a myriad of legislative requirements.
Barringtons understands the unique challenges of the accommodation industry and provides customisable solutions to ensure our clients are operating above industry standards - not just by improving business efficiency and profits, but by minimising risk as well.
Contact us to discuss how we can customise a solution to best fit your business.
Your people can turn a business from good to great, and this is especially true in the service industry. The right employees make guests feel welcome, comfortable and wanting to come back to stay again. Barringtons can help you build a great team by providing:
Training: The key to upskilling and retaining staff is through training. Barringtons provide pathways training for those who want to build a career in accomodation, as well as offer short courses to ensure staff are prepared for emergency situations or to increase their customer service skills. We offer both nationally accredited and non-accredited industry relevant courses, as well as online training - a range of training options to suit all requirements.
Background Checks: Hiring experienced and qualified people is a key success factor in the accomodation industry. Conducting thorough background checks can be complex and time consuming. With decades of experience, Barringtons can make clear recommendations and ensure you only hire the best.
Safety: Providing a safe working environment is part of your responsibilities as an employer. Barringtons can ensure that this is the case, with a range of services including WHS audits, robbery survival training and contractor safety management.
Stay on top of your compliance obligations to avoid strict fines and tough legislation. The easiest way to do this is with Barringtons' complete compliance management solution - Smartek.
- General compliance: The beauty of Smartek is that it can be tailored to suit any business. No matter your compliance obligations, the solution makes it easy to stay on top of these responsibilities and free up extra time for your employees to focus on other tasks.
- Contractor Management: Many accommodation businesses make extensive use of contractors, but this can be tricky when dealing with compliance. Smartek makes it simple, taking charge of processes like induction and allowing contractors to get started right away.
- Work Health and Safety: With stricter regulations, WHS compliance is much more important than ever before. The team at Barringtons can conduct a comprehensive review and make sure that all of your business's processes are up to date.
Part of creating a welcoming accommodation business is ensuring that your premises are secure. The team at Barringtons are experts in security, and can design, implement and monitor a system that keeps your business, customers and employees safe.
- Security Risk: Every business should be prepared for potential threats, and the best way to defend yourself is with a security risk management plan. Barringtons are experts in security, and have the expertise to assist all sorts of hospitality businesses with these plans.
- Security Design: If your security measures are out of date, Barringtons can design and implement a new strategy that best protects your company, staff and customers from potential threats.
- Security Monitoring: To ensure security measures are up to scratch, constant monitoring and ongoing management is required. Get in touch with Barringtons to secure peace of mind that your systems are working as they should.
- Investigations: If something does go wrong within your business, it's crucial to find a solution as quickly as possible. Barringtons has over 25 years of experience in corporate investigations, with a proven track record of finding the loss areas in a wide variety of situations within companies.
- Crisis and Emergency Management: Some accidents are unavoidable, and when they occur you'll be glad to have planned ahead. Barringtons' crisis management service provides businesses with a plan to deal with serious situations.
- Business Continuity: If disaster does strike, your business should be prepared to carry on. Business continuity is the ability to do so, and Barringtons can ensure you have a plan for worst-case scenarios.
- Disaster Recovery: Every business should have a disaster recovery plan to ensure peace of mind. Barringtons can assist with this plan, helping hospitality and accommodation businesses get essential services up and running as soon as possible after a crisis.