Australian councils are responsible for making a lot of key decisions for their constituents. These bodies are constantly dealing with critical and sensitive information - making things like security, employee vetting, compliance and crisis management of the utmost importance.
Barringtons has been working with local councils for over 25 years. From compliance management software to a specialised team dedicated to internal investigations, we provide invaluable support to councils and their various branches. Below is an overview of just how Barringtons can help.
To learn more about online services for Councils, contact our team at Barringtons today.
When your main purpose is to represent the Australian people, you need to make sure you have a staff that is up to the task. Not only do they need to have a considerable interpersonal skill set, they must be well-versed in the intricacies of local government - from laws and policies to security and safety. Barringtons can make sure you find the perfect candidates.
- Online Training: Having up-to-date knowledge is a non-negotiable requirement for any council staff members - new or old. Barringtons online training allows your team to learn what they need in a time effective manner.
- Background Checks: Vetting is of the utmost importance when it comes to government personnel. Barringtons have decades of experience completing thorough background checks and providing clients with insightful recommendations.
- Security: Security is at the top of the priority list for any government body. Barringtons can help your local council develop and implement the right security plan for any situation.
Compliance is a key element of any successful organisation and councils are no exception. It can be difficult to understand every detail of regulations and standards for any given local council. That's why we created Smartek - an all-in-one compliance management solution for councils (and a wide range of other industries).
- General Compliance: Smartek is able to adapt to all of your compliance needs. Every industry has a different set of expectations, processes and protocols, that's why our software is customisable and comprehensive.
- Contractor Management: Outside contractors are a common thing in councils. However, it can be difficult to keep track of the different requirements for each contract. Smartek places all of these contracts in one place and makes management more efficient and effective.
- Work Health and Safety: Regardless of industry, WHS is an important focus for any organisation. Smartek helps you improve on your work health and safety compliance in a simple and time-effective way.
Government bodies such as local councils can often be targets for various threats. That's why it's so important to have a comprehensive security solution at your disposal. Barringtons offers a range of services that deliver end-to-end protection, from risk management to on-site investigations we've got you covered.
- Security Risk and Design: To keep your council secure you need to be able to identify risks and then design a system for addressing them. Our team has been creating and implementing these systems for decades and can help you navigate the tricky areas.
- Security Management: Designing a system is a great step towards better security but you need to continue to manage and evolve these systems over time. We help your team manage these processes appropriately for maximum protection in the long-term.
- Investigations: Any time something goes wrong in your council, you are most likely going to want to pinpoint the problem quickly and discreetly. Barrington's team of expert investigators are experienced in doing just that.
- Security Manpower: Sometimes you need extra staff to build up your security. Barringtons can put you in touch with expert security professionals to address all your needs.
More so than most, councils need to remain a distinct level of resilience. This requires being constantly prepared for whatever the world throws at them. From accidents to disasters, Barringtons helps you create comprehensive and tested plans so you are ready to face any scenario.
- Crisis and Emergency Management: The best offence is a good defence. Having a plan in place equips you with the tools you need to face any kind of crisis. Barringtons can help your create and test a plan for any circumstance so are you are confident in your council's defences.
- Business Continuity: Local councils have a lot of people relying on them. That's why it's so important to be able to bounce back quickly following a crisis. Business continuity processes with Barringtons ensure you are ready to get back to business as soon as possible.
- Disaster Recovery: Recovering critical data, systems and other key items following a disaster is extremely important. Barringtons has years of experience perfecting disaster recovery plans and can help your team put the right measures in place.
- Organisational Resilience: The common theme in all the areas above is organisational resilience. When you work with Barringtons you can be sure that your council will be able to respond quickly and effectively to any crisis.